If you have a little extra time in the morning, use it to have fun with your breakfast! Instead of treating yourself to an expensive brunch out, treat yourself to your own homemade meal with these unique and tasty recipes.
Ranchero Tofu Scramble:
Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup tofu, soft or medium
- ¼ cup black beans
- ¼ cup diced tomato
- ½ cup fresh spinach
- olive oil
- 1 slice 100% whole grain toast
- hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- Sauté 1 cup crumbled soft or medium tofu with ¼ cup black beans over medium-low heat.
- Add in ¼ cup diced tomato and ½ cup fresh spinach in olive oil and season with garlic salt and pepper.
- Serve with1 slice 100% whole grain toast smeared with fresh avocado and hot sauce.
Makes 6-8 servings or 22 mini egg quiches
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1, 16oz bag riced cauliflower (you can also make this yourself by finely chopping cauliflower)
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 10 Tbsp. chives, chopped
- 6 whole eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 1/8 cup whole milk
- ¼ + 1/3 cup shredded 3 cheese blend
- 1/4 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a skillet, sauté rice cauliflower, thyme, and chives for 6 minutes.
- Beat all the eggs well in a mixing bowl, add in whole milk and mix the mixture well.
- Add salt, cumin, black pepper, and cauliflower mixture into egg mixture. Combine all the ingredients well and transfer the mixture to a mini muffin pan. Bake at 375F for 16 minutes.