Avoiding calories in the morning seem like any an easy way to cut calories, right? Not so fast. In fact, skipping breakfast can lead to impulse eating or overeating later in the day causing weight gain. Many people get caught up thinking that they have to eat right after they wake up, but in reality, breakfast is considered eating a meal within an hour or two of your alarm going off. By eating breakfast, you can help maintain your weight or make more progress on your weight loss journey. Keep reading to learn how.
- You’ll be less likely to eat a calorically dense mid-morning snack because you won’t be starving by 10 am.
- You’ll nibble less over the course of the day because your body will be appropriately fueled.
- You’ll be less likely to snack at night and eat those extra calories that lead to weight gain.
- You’ll be more likely to eat a nutritious lunch and dinner.
- You’ll be more likely to eat fewer calories overall throughout the day.
- You’ll be more energized and in a happier mood!
Check out these tasty breakfast ideas to fuel your day off to a great start: