This lentil salad is great to bring to a dinner party because it’s so fast and easy to make. It’s also gluten-free and can easily be modified.
I do love to cook, but not every day! I like meal assembly, essentially throwing components together to make a quick meal several nights a week. Adding in fresh components to store-bought ready-made food allows me more time to spend time with family, relax, exercise or garden! For this dish, in winter, I use fresh greens and herbs like parsley from my garden. In summer I add whichever tomatoes we are harvesting.
- 1 pound of vacuum-packed cooked lentils packaged as Melissa's Produce as most grocery stores or sold at Trader Joes in the refrigerated section
- ⅓ cup of Bruschetta I recommend buying it from the refrigerated section, but glass jar bruschetta will work too
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2-4 Tbsp of Feta
- 5 Tbsp fresh parsley
- Optional greens - celery, romaine, kale, swiss chard
- Empty lentils into a large bowl and break apart using a couple of spoons.
- Wash and halve cherry tomatoes, add to bowl.
- Mix in Feta and bruschetta.
- Wash and chop parsley -or use kitchen scissors to cut into bowl.
- Serve as is or over chopped celery and romaine or overcooked kale or swiss chard.