Looking for a delicious healthy salad? This has mango, kale, black bean and quinoa, all packed with flavor, fiber and nutrients. It’s a staple in my diet.
I made this one night knowing I’d be too busy to shop and cook for a party we were attending the next day. I just used ingredients on hand and it turned out to be delicious! It was a hit at the party -so it’s now a favorite request. I have tasty recipes like this in my cookbook, the Plant-based Boost Cookbook, 100+ Recipes for Athletes and Exercise Enthusiasts. If you eat meat, this also tastes good with grilled chicken. I serve it on the side since I eat mostly plant-based
- 1 ½ bunch of kale leaves
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1-2 Tbsp. pistachio, walnut, or olive oil
- 1 mango cut into small cubes
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 can black beans
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup red onion*
- 2 tsp. Bragg liquid amino acid or soy sauce
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- Soak kale in orange juice and oil overnight in its own container.
- Cook quinoa according to package.
- Chop the mango and purple onion and set aside separately.
- Rinse and drain the black beans.
- While the quinoa is hot, mix in black beans, soy sauce, purple onion, and balsamic vinegar. Let this mixture chill overnight.
- The next day mix all ingredients together, adding in mango last.