This amaranth porridge is a delicious and nutritious twist on your typical breakfast porridge. It’s filled with powerful nutrients and goes well with many different toppings.
It’s easy to fall into the habit of eating the same thing for breakfast every day, but why not kick off your weekend with something new? Amaranth is a super grain that’s packed with high biological value protein, vitamins, minerals and fiber, and, to top it all off, its unique nutty flavor is also delightful!
- ½ cup amaranth
- 1¼ cups water
- ¼ to ½ cup soy milk
- toppings as desired (see suggestions, below)
- Place amaranth and water in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Leaving the lid partially on, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once all of the water has been incorporated, gradually add in the soy milk, until the desired consistency is reached. Your finished porridge will be slightly gelatinous.
- To serve, pour into a bowl, top with your favorite porridge toppings, and enjoy!
Like the taste of amaranth and all that it has to offer? Next check out this tasty amaranth cornbread!