Pumpkin is jammed packed with vitamins and phytochemicals that protect your heart, lungs, and skin! I’m always looking for new ways to use pumpkin. When my skin is looking good, I know I’m getting a good amount of vitamin A and vitamin C rich foods like pumpkin! I’ll add pumpkin to my marinara sauce, soups, pancakes, macaroni and cheese, use it as a stuffing for ravioli, and add it to breads and baked goods.
Pumpkin Apple Delight
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 chopped apple
- 4 ounces of Greek yogurt
- 5-8 walnut halves
- 2 tablespoons of granola (optional)
- 1-2 teaspoons of maple syrup
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon or 1/3 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- Open up a can of pumpkin, scoop out all but 1/3 cup (put aside for smoothie recipe below).
- Wash apple, chop, and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Add pumpkin to apples and reheat for 1 minute
- Using a spatula swirl in 4 ounces of Greek yogurt into the pumpkin-apple mixture.
- Add in 1-2 teaspoons of maple syrup, a splash of vanilla extract and a dash of cinnamon.
- Top with walnuts and/or granola
- Eat and enjoy!
I LOVE this smoothie! It’s the perfect fall dessert with a tasty balance of sweet, spicy and savory. Bonus – you boost your vegetable intake!
- 1 ripe frozen banana, sliced
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup sweetened almond/soy milk combo or milk of your choice mixed with a teaspoon of honey
- 3-4 ice cubes
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.