Change things up this year with this plant-based Thanksgiving stuffing that can be enjoyed for any holiday!
It’s almost too easy to fall in love with a fruit like Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit this season! With 3 times as much vitamin C as an orange and as much potassium as a medium banana per serving of 2 kiwis, it can help boost your health around the holidays! Not only are they bright, sweet, and refreshingly flavorful, they’re an easily portable snack while you’re out running all those shopping errands!
Just cut a kiwi in half, scoop out the flesh with a spoon, and place it in an on-the-go container. Plus, with these nutritious recipes, you now have a simple way to add these to some of your other favorite holiday fares like eggnog or stuffing!
Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit makes its delicious holiday debut nestled inside savory quinoa stuffing. This tangy twist on a holiday classic features roasty-toasty hazelnuts, crunchy celery, and warming cinnamon that fills every room in the house with the comforting smells of fall. This season, gather your family to bake up a little bit of fun and a whole lot of YUM. Visit https://www.zesprikiwi.com/where-to-buy-kiwifruit/ to find out where to buy Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit.
Kiwifruit Hazelnut Quinoa Stuffing
Rate this Recipe!
- 3 cups dry uncooked quinoa
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup fresh thyme minced
- 2 stalks celery sliced
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup toasted hazelnuts
- 2 Zespri SunGold kiwifruit peeled and diced
- ½ large pear diced
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly grease a medium-sized baking dish.
- Combine quinoa and broth in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer gently until liquid is absorbed about 25-30 minutes. Remove from heat, cover, and let sit for 5 minutes. Stir in spinach and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together quinoa, onion and celery mixture, hazelnuts, kiwi, pear, cinnamon, and ginger. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
This recipe was developed for Zespri SunGold Kiwi fruit and is a sponsored post.