Move over regular ole eggnog, Zespri SunGold kiwifruit is jumping into the glass! This golden holiday kiwi nog is delicious!
Contributing a rich golden color and a delectably zesty flavor, Zespri SunGold kiwifruit takes this creamy, dreamy, seasonal treat to a whole new level. The verdict is in: when The North Pole meets tropical, the outcome is delicious. Find out where to buy Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit here: https://www.zesprikiwi.com/where-to-buy-kiwifruit/.
- 2¾ cups low-fat milk divided
- 1 cup Zespri SunGold kiwifruit peeled and chopped
- 2 eggs + 1 egg yolk I use pasteurized eggs
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon arrowroot powder or cornstarch, potato starch, or tapioca starch
- Pomegranate seeds optional, for garnish
- Combine 2 cups of the milk and kiwi in a blender until smooth. Pour into a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, egg yolk, sugar, and arrowroot (or any other one listed). Slowly pour the heated kiwi milk into the bowl with the eggs and whisk constantly, then add the combined mixture back into the saucepan. Keep on medium heat and continue stirring the mixture for 6-7 minutes, until it’s thickened.
- Remove from heat, stir in remaining ¾ cup milk, and let cool for 15 minutes.
This recipe was developed for Zespri SunGold kiwifruit and is a sponsored post.