This pasta dish is an easy and tasty dinner that you can whip up any night of the week that will please your entire family! Using whole-wheat pasta increases fiber in your family’s diet. Turkey Bolognese pasta can be altered to your liking with toppings or add-ins like chopped vegetables from your garden or a variety of cheeses! Try out this recipe and let me know your favorite things to add to pasta. I added fresh green beans and yellow tomatoes from my sister’s garden –but you can add what you have on hand.
- 1 lb whole wheat spaghetti
- ½ Cup chopped green beans or any fresh veggie you have on hand
- 5 Garlic cloves chopped
- 1 Handful of basil leaves
- 5 Sun dried tomatoes chopped
- 1 Fresh tomato slivered
- 1 Package of Turkey Bolognese from Trader Joes
- 2 Tbps Locatel (Parmesan can be substituted)
Directions: Makes 8 servings
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente.
- Prepare ½ cup of chopped green beans (or another veggie toppin) in microwave and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, roughly chop garlic, basil, and sundried tomatoes.
- Drain pasta into colander and return to pot. Empty the contents of turkey Bolognese into pasta and warm thoroughly.
- Incorporate the garlic, basil, and tomatoes into the pasta and sauce.
- Wash and finely sliver one fresh tomato and place along with green beans on top of finished dish.
- Accent with cheese.
- Serve with side salad and fruit for dessert.
Nutrition Facts: Makes 8 servings
Calories: 349; Fat: 5g; Saturated fat: 1g; Carbohydrates: 57g; Protein: 24g; Sodium: 446 mg; Fiber: 10 grams