When it comes to salad think outside the lettuce, tomato and cucumber box. Salad is a versatile dish that can be anything from appetizer, entrée to dessert! The secret is mixing colors, textures, and flavors to create a healthy dish that is anything but boring. Toss with a basic vinaigrette and you are on your way to endless delicious ways to change up your everyday salad routine!
Appetizer/Side Dish Salads:
- Fresh baby spinach topped with toasted almond slivers, dried cranberries and poppy seeds.
- Arugula with sliced strawberries, goat cheese and toasted walnuts.
- Green leaf lettuce, steamed broccoli, roasted baby beets, feta and pumpkin seeds.
- Mesclun lettuce mix topped with sliced pears, brie and toasted pecans.
- Baby spinach with shredded red cabbage, chopped red bell pepper, chickpeas, clementine wedges, and sunflower seeds.
- Baby spinach with chopped hard-boiled eggs, sautéed Portobello mushrooms, and gorgonzola.
- Romaine lettuce served with marinated artichoke hearts, black olives, feta, and chopped red pepper.
- Fresh mozzarella and sliced tomatoes, topped with ribbons of fresh basil, fresh ground pepper, and drizzled with olive oil and vinegar.