Hungry after a long day of work or excursions. Vegetarian tacos are an easy quick 5-10 minute healthy meal
- Black or kidney beans
- Fresh store bought salsa
- Shredded reduced fat cheddar or mexican cheese
- Romaine lettuce -chop and dry
- Hard shell corn tacos
- Open up a can of black or kidney beans, drain fluid from can but don’t rinse. Place them in pan and heat medium-low for 3-5 minutes. *If you’re watching your sodium levels, rinsing can cut sodium up to 40%.
- Wash and chop lettuce and tomatoes.
- Place warm beans in taco shell, top with cheese, lettuce, tomato and salsa.
- Serve with side veggies like ready washed and microwaveable green beans. Eat and Enjoy!