Green smoothies are a great way to boost your veggie intake while getting more fiber and calcium in your diet. Plus eating a diet high in fruits and veggie can help protect your health. Green smoothies can make a great breakfast, snack or pick me up after a work-out. Here’s a smoothie I really enjoy with my extended family.
- 1 cup chopped cucumber with skin
- 1 cup firmly packed kale
- 1 celery stalk
- 2 slices of lime with skin
- 1 cup of frozen or fresh mango
- 1 small Gala or Fuji apple
- 1 cup of water and a few ice cubes
- optional ground or fresh ginger to taste
Makes two 12 ounce servings
- Wash and cut ingredients
- Put everything together in a powerful blender like a Nutria-Bullet or Vita-Mix.
- Remember to drink slowly with awareness and enjoy