It’s Super Crew kid, Jessie here, ready to show you how to transform an avocado into some whole-y guacamole. Using my super powers, I transform a whole avocado into a yummy guacamole dip. The avocado is a small round fruit. It has a dark green skin that is very tough but easily removed. Guacamole is bright green, creamy and delicious.
Here’s how you, too, can create this amazing transformation! Did I mention that avocados are one of my favorite foods?!
First, make sure an adult is there to help you. Then, get these ingredients together:
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 red onion, minced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime or lemon juice
- A dash of cumin, freshly grounded black pepper and salt
Here’s where the transformation begins…
- Cut your avocados in half.
- Twist the avocado so that the seed and the flesh separate.
- Get rid of the seed (or you can plant it in the ground and watch it grow as a tree –learn how!).
- Scoop the flesh out of each half and put in a bowl.
- Using your super strength, mash the flesh with a fork.
- Once it is all smooth, add onions, cilantro, and lemon juice. Sprinkle some spices and you have a great guacamole dip!
Eat with some baked red, blue or yellow tortilla chips for a tasty whole grain and heart healthy snack!
Like my style -come and learn with me: Growing Sprouts, Body Powers and Super Crew Books.