Probiotics are living bacteria that can promote health when we include them in our diet through foods. Here’s an excerpt on why families should include probiotics in their diet.
- Enhanced immunity — the gut is your immune command center, overseeing regulation of immune responses including inflammation. Probiotics have been shown to boost immune function.
- Reduction of disease–causing bacteria — when beneficial probiotics populate your gut, the majority rules and unhealthy bacteria become the minority.
- Prevention of allergy — the allergic response may be related to an excessive or imbalanced immune response; probiotics are used for the prevention and reduction of allergic symptoms.
- Treatment of antibiotic associated diarrhea — caused by the use of broad spectrum antibiotics, the associated diarrhea can be reduced by the use of probiotics.
- Read the whole story on how to include them in your diet.