This mango salsa is so versatile! It’s a great condiment to bring to all summer BBQs and parties.
The perfect combination of sweet flavor, from the mango, and spicy kick, from the mag, adds a twist from traditional salsa.
How to Eat Mango Salsa
- Use it as a dip and enjoy with chopped yellow peppers and jicama, or eat it with tortilla chips.
- Use it as a delicious salad dressing
- Use it as a sauce for your favorite sandwich wrapped in collard greens or whole wheat wrap,
- Add as as a topping to your fish tacos that everyone will enjoy on taco Tuesday!
Nutritional Value of Mango Salsa
Not only is this salsa delicious, it is full of ingredients that are great for our body! The sweet mango is an awesome source of beta-carotene (1), which is converted into vitamin A by your body that leads to glowing, soft skin. The red bell peppers are high in vitamin C (1), which contributes to firm, smooth skin by helping build collagen.
- 1.5 cups mango chopped (around 1 mango)
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- ½ cup red bell pepper chopped
- 1 jalapeno chopped (optional-if you’d like it to be spicy)
- Fresh juice from 1 lime
- Salt to taste optional
- Cayenne pepper to taste optional
- Peel mango and chop it up. There are mango cutters you can buy to easily cut around the big seed.
- Chop up the peppers and onion
- Add all chopped ingredients to a big bowl, squeeze lime juice on top and mix together. Add more lime if needed and sprinkle salt and cayenne pepper on top if you prefer.
- USDA. What Foods Are Good Sources of Vitamin A, C, Calcium, and Iron?. Available at: https://www.fns.usda.gov/sites/default/files/appendb.pdf. Accessed July 22, 2015.