Check out these really helpful and great tips to guide parents, grandparents and caregivers on healthy eating. They’re so simple and make great sense! Created by the USDA – our tax dollars at work.
- Role modeling is important…children learn by watching their parents and teachers.
- Role modeling is important…children take their lead from parents and teachers.
- Cooking together, eating together, and talking together makes mealtime a memorable time.
- Let children serve themselves at mealtime. Teach them to take small amounts at first. Tell them they can get more if they are still hungry.
- Sometimes accepting new foods takes time. Kids don’t always take to new foods right away. Offer fruits and vegetables many times. Give them a taste at first and be patient with them.
- Patience works better than pressure. Offer new foods, then let them choose how much to eat. Kids are more likely to enjoy a food when eating it is their own choice.