This air fryer tofu can also be baked into crispy tofu in the oven. When dipped into a sweet and savory sauce this lean protein will become a regular dish in your meal rotation.
Air Fryer Tofu
If you managed to make it through the pandemic without getting an air-fryer, you are missing out more than you know! This must-have kitchen appliance cuts down on cooking time and replicates that heavenly crispy richer texture that satisfies. So if you like and actually use kitchen appliances, this one won’t collect dust.
Oven-Baked Crispy Tofu
However, if you are standing strong on your air-fryer omittance, this crispy air fryer tofu recipe can get easily adapted for the oven—with the small price of added cooking time. Cut tofu into 1-2 inch rectangles and lightly coat with oil. Then place on a silicone sheet, and bake at 400 °F for 30 minutes or until golden.
Cook Once Eat Three Times
Once you are already doing the work, why not cook once and enjoy it again throughout the week. This recipe is easy to double or triple to take the guesswork out of mealtime. Enjoy with the dipping sauce below or use it as a topping on veggie or grain salads. It’s also delicious in a whole grain wrap with tahini, hummus, and roasted veggies. Transform leftover dipping sauce into a tasty salad dressing or veggie-topper for a no-waste meal!
Crispy Air Fryer Tofu with Tahini Dipping Sauce
Rate this Recipe!
- Air Fryer
- 16 oz. extra-firm tofu
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 4 tbsp white vinegar or lemon juice
- 1.5 tbsp maple syrup
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- Remove the extra firm tofu from package and drain liquid. Firmly press with papertowel to remove excess liquid.
- Slice the tofu into 1 to 2-inch rectangles.
- Place the tofu into the fryer basket. Air fry” at 390 degrees Fahrenheit until crispy—approximately 15 minutes. Shake contents halfway through cooking time for even crisp.
- In a small bowl, add tahini, vinegar, maple syrup, salt, and pepper. Mix until thoroughly combined. If you prefer dippingsauce thinner, add in a little water.
- Removetofu from the air fryer. Serve with dipping sauce, and enjoy!