Creating food memories through family meals and traditions, culture and religion have important value.
Tonight is the first night of Passover. For the next seven (7) days, jews around the world replace bread with the unleavened version, called “matzoh.” Purchase the whole grain version and whip up this good source of protein and fiber matzo-brei breakfast. It is delicious, and so easy to make.
Tasty Passover Matzo-Brei
- 4 sheets Whole grain matzo
- 4 large Eggs
- 1 small diced onion
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Pour oil into large skillet and sauté onions till translucent.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Run warm water over matzo and break into small pieces into a bowl.
- Add eggs and mix with matzo using a whisk.
- Add mixture to skillet and cook and turn over with a spatula as you would cook eggs.
- If you like your Matzo-brei toastier, cook for longer.
- Serve with jam.