Having company? Here’s a healthy and easy appetizer that could also serve as a family dinner with a side salad.
- Cut 100% whole-wheat sandwich thins into four trianges and lay them onto a heated pan.
- Add lots of grated dried rosemary and garlic -sometimes you can buy this in a pepper like grinder to save a step.
- Spray some olive oil and flip the sandwich thins over in a couple minutes.
- Make or buy dips.
- Here’s a healthy home made pesto made with fresh basil leaves from the garden, olive oil and parmesan or locatelle.
- A bruschetta with chopped olives, mushrooms and red peppers.
- Hummus with chopped garlic and chipote spices.
- Don’t forget to get the kids involved in easy food preparation steps -they’ll be more likely to try a dip. They can cut the olives with a plastic knife, use spray oil and mix together ingredients. If this is your dinner, they can also help prepare a side salad.