Sometimes you want a cheesy crunch to your salad. Popcorn croutons make a tasty addition and are a healthy whole grain.
- 1/2 cup of popcorn kernels
- 1/4 cup of Olive oil
- 1 cup Parmesan minus 1 Tablespoon
- 1 Tablespoon freshly grated Asiago
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 less teaspoon salt
- Pop a 1/2 cup of popcorn in an air popper, stovetop or microwave
- Using two large utensils drizzle olive oil and toss to evenly distribute
- Repeat distribution process for Parmesan, Asiago, lemon pepper and salt
You can also add an herb/spice blend mix for an additional flavor boost. Enjoy popcorn alone or as a veggie, salad or soup topper.