I love cooking in the kitchen, whether it’s at my home or at a friend’s. While chatting it up recently in a friend’s kitchen, I recorded the details of her tasty salad she quickly threw together. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
- 1 can of white kidney beans
- 1 can of artichoke hearts
- 1 can of garbanzo beans
- 1 can of corn (no sugar added)
- 1 jar of heart of palm
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 2 cups of chopped sweet mini peppers
- 1 medium size tomato
- ¼ red onion
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash all vegetables and thoroughly scrub lemon.
- Rinse artichoke hearts, along with the kidney and garbanzo beans, then transfer into a large bowl. Rinsing beans can cut sodium up to 40 percent.
- Add can of drained corn.
- Chop up heart of palm, mini peppers, tomato, and red onion.
- Finely chop cilantro and add all vegetables to the bowl.
- Add balsamic vinegar and olive oil to the bowl.
- Squeeze lemon half on top and thoroughly mix.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts: Makes 10 servings.
Calories: 294; Fat: 13 grams; Saturated Fat: 2 g; Carbohydrates: 39 grams; Protein: 10 grams; Sodium: 47 milligrams; Fiber: 9 grams