Sometimes work and life gets so busy, that having frozen food in stock is essential to making healthy choices. Trader Joe’s has a variety of healthy meals that fit the Mediterranean diet and can be prepared in minutes. Here’s one to enjoy, the Melodious Blend – frozen green garbanzos, red and green lentils with a touch of tomatoes and olive oil.
- Frozen Melodious Blend from Trader Joe’s
- Low sodium vegetable broth
- Fresh tomatoes, cherry are best
- Chives or herbs you are growing or have dried, frozen or fresh
- Olive oil
- Pour Melodius Blend in a sauce pan over medium heat with 1/4 cup of vegetable broth and a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Wash and cut cherry tomatoes in half.
- Wash and cut chives.
- Cook for 6-7 minutes stirring continuously.
- Add fresh chives by cutting them into the pan with kitchen scissors. Then add cherry tomatoes. Cook for 1 more minute.
- Place in bowl and sprinkle in feta.