Introducing cultural cuisine to your family by cooking a healthy Chinese dish with your kids. It’s easy and fun! Moo Goo Gai Pan is a delicious, easy-to-make stir-fry chicken dish with mushrooms and other veggies! Have your child help you wash the vegetables and measure the ingredients.
- Heat a little olive, grape seed oil or canola oil in a wok and stir-fry mushrooms and canned water chestnuts for 2 minutes.
- Add celery, pea pods, and 1 tsp honey. Sugar snap peas are a popular alternative with kids.
- Add about ¼ cup water and steam for 2 minutes, then remove all food from the wok.
- Stir-fry chicken for 4-5 minutes until cooked throughly.
- Add back in the vegetables with a little minced ginger, soy sauce and 1 tsp of corn starch mixed with 2 tsp warm water. Stir while heating until sauce thickens. Eat and Enjoy!
Which Foods Bring You Great Harvest, Blessing and Fortune In The Chinese New Year?
Match the foods to the type of good luck they symbolize!
1. Harvest a. Apple
(food with seeds, nuts)
2. Blessing b. Orange
3. Fortune c. Walnuts
See Chinese New Year –Healthy Eating Tips for the answers.