Every Day Fitness:
- Plan outdoor adventures for the weekend, like playing catch, shooting hoops, jump roping, throwing a Frisbee, or running with your dog.
- Take a nature walk or go for a hike. If your neighborhood lacks good outdoor areas try the local mall or a high school track.
- Go for a bike ride with your family; remember to wear your helmets.
- Play a game of basketball, kick-ball, or soccer in the park.
- Take the stairs instead of escalators or elevators.
- Plant some herbs, start a garden, or join a community garden in your neighborhood.
In Door Exergames:
- Are your children addicted to video games? Consider limiting their playing time to active games for the Wii, XBOX Kinect or PlayStation Move, like Wii Fit or Kinect Sports! Enjoy exergames together for family fun! BODIES ARE MADE TO MOVE!
When At Home:
- Recruit a partner for support and encouragement.
- Push the baby in a stroller.
- Get the whole family involved – enjoy an afternoon bike ride with your kids.
- Walk up and down the soccer or softball field sidelines while watching the kids play.
- Walk the dog – don’t just watch the dog walk.
- Clean the house or wash the car.
- Walk, skate, or cycle more, and drive less.
- Join a walking group in the neighborhood or at the local shopping mall.
When At Work:
- In safe areas, get off the bus or subway one stop early and walk or skate the rest of the way.
- Replace a coffee break with a brisk 10 -minute walk. Ask a friend to walk with you.
- Take part in an exercise program at work or a nearby gym.
- Join the office softball or bowling team.
- Run the stairs at lunch with a friend.