My daughter complains about my homemade guacamole turning brown when I pack it for an after school snack, despite loading it up with lime juice. So I decided to try homogenizing it with my Champion Juicer. It worked! Now she wants me to pack it all the time, so these ingredients have become a staple.
- 2 ripe California avocados (I choose domestic over foreign food whenever possible)
- 2 jalapeño peppers
- 1/5 of a medium purple onion (or 2 shallots)
- Juice of 1 lime (keep at room temperature before juicing to get more juice)
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves per your preference
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- Wash veggies
- Peel garlic
- Peel California avocados and remove from seed.
- Cut 1/5 of purple onion into 3 sections
- Remove seeds from jalapeño and cut into 3 sections
- Place avocados, jalapeño peppers and purple onion in bowl and add cumin by evenly distributing it across bowl.
- Juice limes
- Add the lime juice to the bowl of ingredients. Then, feed all the ingredients into the Champion Juicer Homogenizer
We pack this guacamole with a side of baked blue corn chips for my daughter’s after school snack. I enjoy adding it to dressings, bean dishes and as a sandwich topping. Eat and enjoy!