Being a busy working mom I often put together lunch quickly! I try to include artichokes in my weekly diet because of their fiber – important for gut health. Here’s a simple salad I’ve really enjoyed using fresh basil and cherry tomatoes from my garden.
- Leftover string beans cooked in garlic and soy sauce
- Rinsed Garbanzo beans
- Lightly rinsed marinated artichoke hearts (rinsing cuts down on excess oil, but keeps flavor)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh Basil
- Shaved Parmesan
- Optional: Pine nuts
- Place green beans in the bottom of a bowl.
- Add rinsed artichokes and Garbanzo beans.
- Wash tomatoes and basil then place as colorful accents.
- Sprinkle shaved Parmesan.
- Add Pine nuts.