Try this simple and delicious chia seed pudding for breakfast, as a snack or as a dessert for healthy, holiday eating!
Chia seeds have many health benefits that you can take advantage of in many more ways than just making chia seed pudding! They are also great in smoothies, on top of yogurt, and more. Learn about the health benefits of chia seeds here!
This recipe requires only a few ingredients and takes minimal effort! Once you’ve mastered this combination, get creative and try new blends. Add in different types of fruit like bananas, strawberries, raspberries, raisins, or other dried fruit. Frozen fruit works just as well since it’ll naturally defrost as you let the chia seeds soak up the milk! You can also toss in some walnuts, almonds, or your favorite nut or seed butter for an extra creamy texture. You’ll have a dish loaded with omega-3s, fiber, nutrients, and protein that keep your body healthy!
- 3-4 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup milk or your choice of milk alternative
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-2 teaspoons sweetener of choice (such as honey, maple syrup, or agave)
- Optional additions: A scoop of yogurt, vanilla extract, cinnamon, fresh or frozen berries, or your favorite nuts or seeds
- Combine all ingredients together in a jar, large mug or bowl and mix well.
- Let sit for at least 15 minutes. The longer you wait, the more pudding-like it becomes.
Tip: Want to cut down on added sugars? Try this recipe without the sweetener and use berries instead! See what you think! If it’s too bitter, you can always add in the sweetener at the end.