- Fun is Important! Enjoy your family time together and make it memorable.
- Be the Best Parent You Can. But do not worry if you are not ideal. Nobody is.
- Keep up the Good Work! Stay motivated to jump start a healthier lifestyle for your family.
- Screen Time Warning – The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends no more than 1-2 hours a day of quality programming for kids 2 years and older. Those under 2 get none!
- Rushing When You Eat – Eat slowly to give your brain time to get the message that your stomach is full.
- Bribing or Coercing Kids to Eat Vegetables. If it worked, we would have had Broccoli King and McDandeloin on each corner.
- Be a Role Model. Talk the talk and walk the walk. Be the first to savor fruits, veggies and whole grains or getting active over a TV show.
- Let Fruits and Veggies Reign – Make them visible, easily available and served at each meal.
- Plan your family meals in advance. It saves money, time and staves off the 6pm panic attack/pizza order.