It’s just 5 Days away from food day! Use this as a time to get your kids cooking in the kitchen by helping prepare more fruit and vegetables at meal time. Here are 5 tips on how to increase your fruit and vegetable intake leading up to food day.
- Offer veggies to your kids when they are hungry, they will be more likely to happily eat what is placed in front of them
- Add in veggies for a healthy snack – raw carrots, celery or peppers with a bean dip like hummus
- Add fruit to your family’s breakfast – place fresh berries on top of your breakfast of choice, whether it’s oatmeal, cereal or yogurt
- Celebrate fall by choosing seasonal fruits and veggies like apples, squash, and pumpkin
- Eat fruit for dessert – fruit is naturally sweet and can be the perfect ending to a nutritious family meal
Having a hard time getting your children to eat their veggies? Learn how to twist it up when serving vegetables at meal time.