Earth Day is around the corner and it’s a great time to start new healthy lifestyle and healthy earth traditions.
Take advantage of this day to appreciate nature with your kids and to begin some new healthy habits as a family.
Visit the local farmer’s market.
- Take the time to walk through and look at the colorful array of fruits and vegetables.
- Allow your kids to talk to the farmers and ask questions about the produce.
- Encourage your kids to pick out a new fruit or veggie to try at home.
- Ask the farmer about his favorite way to prepare the fruit or vegetable.
Let your kids get cooking!
- Cooking with your kids is a great way to get them interested in whole foods.
- Try out recipes using the new produce you get from the farmers market!
Happy Face-Pizza (from the Super Crew Book, Havoc at the Hillside Market)
- Buy or grow your favorite veggie pizza toppings.
- Cover a whole grain tortilla with tomato sauce and low fat cheese.
- Decorate with veggies to make a happy face using olives, spinach, peppers, mushrooms, or your favorite veggies of choice.
- Bake, eat and enjoy!
Go Green Dip:
- 1. Thaw a bag of frozen peas and mash in a bowl with a ripe avocado, a splash of lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- 2. Dip carrot sticks or blue corn tortilla chips in your yummy green dip!
Check out more Earth Day Fun Activities and Food Tips on www.superkidsnutrition.com home page!